Idea Factory International has announced a release date for the upcoming anime action RPG sequel Twilight Diver 2† Combining brawler elements with Musou-esque gameplay and RPG progression, Dusk Diver 2 comes to Switch on August 30.
To celebrate the release date, Idea Factory has launched a brand new trailer packed with over-the-top action, neon hair and massive explosions. It also includes a number of brand new playable characters – Leo, Le Viada and Bahet – all of whom bring unique abilities to the table and can support them in battle.
This sequel follows one year after the events of the first game and sees Yumo return to the spotlight. After reluctantly saving the world from Chaos Beasts, she is now joined by her friends to once again take up arms and defend the Human Kingdom.
Idea Factory shared more information about the game below:
A year ago, Yang Yumo solved the Youshanding incident that hit the city of Ximending, restoring balance in the dimensions.
She is now in college and seems to live a peaceful everyday life while working hard at her part-time job, but the Youshanding incident left a deep scar that still eats into her body.
One day she receives a message that a Chaos Beast has appeared in Youshanding. And so Yumo re-enters the battlefield.
Most important features:
– From Ximending to Taipei City – With a deeper and bigger story, the setting moves from Ximending to Taipei City.
– Multiple Playable Characters – Your non-playable allies from the original Dusk Diver are now playable through Dusk Diver 2’s new partner swapping system. The playstyle also changes to match each character’s performance.
– Real-Life Taipei Store Collaborations – Real-world stores will reappear in the game. Enter these stores to buy special items.
– Combo and Break Strike – Trigger a “Break Strike” by combining enemies in the “Break” state. Massive damage and skill scenes heighten the excitement.
– Deeper Submissions – With more submissions than the original Dusk Diver, the story delves deeper into the characters.
You will also soon be able to pre-order a Day One Edition from the Idea Factory International Store, which will give you an exclusive trading card.
We really hope the sequel can improve on the original game from 2019. While we enjoyed the combat to some degree, we also found it repetitive and thought the streets of Ximending were a bit empty:
Will you pick up the sequel on August 30? Let us know!